Healthy 9-Layer Dip Recipe for the Big Game from Shaw’s
With the football play-offs in full swing, nachos, wings, dips and spreads are among the top picks for game day snacks. All are finger-lickin’ good, but sky high in grease, calories and fat. Shaw’s registered Jennifer Shea Rawn MS, MPH, RD has put together a 9-layer dip recipe that will certainly be a crowd pleaser without the added Big
Quarterback Chip and 9-Layer Dip
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 15oz can black
beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 cup non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup salsa, chunky
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican
- ¼ cup of black olives, sliced
- 2 scallions, washed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Place lettuce on the bottom of a clear truffle dish or serving platter. Layer the black beans overtop the lettuce and then layer the yogurt overtop the beans. Spread the jalapeños over the yogurt. Spread salsa over the yogurt, followed by the chopped avocado. Sprinkle with cheese, black olives and green onions. Serve with whole grain tortilla chips.
For more information on Shaw’s Supermarkets visit www.shaws.com.